Dsp3300 Digital Active Loudspeaker Centre Speaker Option
Designed to be versatile within the home, the DSP3300 is an ideal building block in a compact, high performance cinema system. This speaker is an ideal centre channel, to complement a pair of compact and elegant DSP3200s or M6s.
A testament to the effectiveness of our pioneering DSP technology, even the compact DSP3300 cabinet houses three drivers, plus the advanced electronics necessary to deliver room-filling sound equal to the performance level of a conventional speaker four times the size.
The DSP3300’s precision-manufactured cabinet includes a rubber mount, enabling the speaker to be placed horizontally or vertically with no reduction in sound quality. The design is also suitable for wall mounting giving great flexibility.
- Outstanding performance. Two powerful, built in 75W amplifiers with DSP provide a maximum output level of 114dB at 1m.
- Centre elevation adjustment technology for an incredibly lifelike listening experience.
- On-board DSP provides thermal and dynamic bass protection – enables high level use for prolonged periods of time.
- Advanced listener controls including time-compensated balance, listening axis and Enhanced Boundary Correction enabling greater speaker placement flexibility.
- With its extensive Research and Development program Meridian has pioneered the development of a host of innovative audio technologies many of which feature in today’s Meridian products.
- Traditional audio systems often require large, expensive cables to maintain their performance. Meridian's SpeakerLink uses an “Ethernet style” cable that delivers pristine digital sound and control down a single cable between Meridian components. The result is simple, unobtrusive, and cost-effective cables that are easy to install.
- Each sample of a digital recording must remain evenly spaced in time. Unfortunately, timing can vary, especially when reading discs. This is “jitter”, degrading music's sense of space and diminishing realism. Meridian's multiple “First In, First Out” buffering system minimizes jitter, ensuring perfect timing and improved clarity. You enjoy a clearer feeling of the instruments and their interrelationship.
Meridian Apodising Filter
- Filters are critical in digital audio. Commonly they introduce distortion and harshness because of "pre-ringing". Early digital recordings suffer from harshness too, due to primitive filters. After painstaking research, Meridian developed a special filter that avoids pre-ringing, so it can be steeper, cleaning up the effects of early filters. The result: a better, cleaner sound from recordings old and new.
Wide Range Driver
- Loudspeakers use crossovers to “divide” music into bands their drivers can reproduce. This introduces distortion, reducing sound quality – particularly on human voice recordings. Designing a single driver for both mid and high frequencies made a crossover within the vocal range unnecessary, avoiding distortion and reproducing more lifelike vocals at all volume levels.